Häufig gestellte Fragen
You have questions - We have answers!
Where is the event located?
- The 80th Avenue Metra Station at 18001 S. 80th Avenue, Tinley Park, IL 60477
What should I wear?
- As always dress for the weather, but we do encourage all attendees to dress as if you were attending an Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany. Traditional Bavarian dress for men we recommend a checkered shirt, traditional lederhosen with suspenders, slouch socks pulled down, and haferl shoes. Traditional Bavarian dress for women we recommend a shortsleeved Trachtenblus’n Blouse, a Dirndl (dress), pinafore, sheer pantyhose, and elegant low-heeled loafers.
Is this event All Ages?
- Yes, this is a family friendly event!
What are the hours of the event?
- Fri Sept 21st: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
- Sat Sept 22nd: 1:00pm to 10:00pm
- Sun Sept 23rd: 1:00pm to 6:00pm
Can I bring my dog to the event?
- No, unfortunately this time around outside animals will not be allowed inside the festival grounds.
Does it cost money to attend the festival?
- No, admission to the event is free for all! Once you are in the event, you may choose to purchase drinks, food, admission to the carnival or items from the local vendors, so plan to bring some additional funds if you choose to make those purchases!
If I plan on purchasing beer at the event can I purchase directly from vendors?
- If you plan on visiting Tinley Park and Germany’s featured Oktoberfest Brewers, you will need to visit the Ticket Booth onsite where you will be able to get your 21+ wristband and purchase drink tickets which will be used to purchase alcohol. A very limited amount of German Steins will be sold each night and these can also be purchased at the ticket booth.
What makes this event so similar to the Oktoberfest held in Germany?
- Oktoberfest is known as the world’s largest Volksfest (beer festival and traveling funfair). This event is traditionally a 16 to 18 day folk festival running from mid or late September to the first weekend in October. Visitors enjoy numerous attractions, rides, entertainment, and can shop for a variety of souvenirs. Traditional German foods and specially brewed beer can also be purchased onsite.
How can I get to the event?
- Parking will be available onsite in the open areas of the Metra lot (on the South side of the tracks). We will also have a shuttle service from our overflow parking in the DeVry University Parking Lot (18624 W Creek Dr, Tinley Park, IL 60477) to the event, otherwise we encourage festival attendees to stay safe and plan to take the Metra or arrange transportation, especially if you plan to partake in the festivities!
- School buses will be bringing people to and from the DeVry/Chamberlain lot-
Friday: Starting at 5:30pm; last ride back at 10:00pm
Saturday: Starting at 4:00pm; last ride back at 11:00pm
Sunday: Starting at 1:00pm; last ride back at 7:00pm