Häufig gestellte Fragen
You have questions - We have answers!
Where is the event located?
- The 80th Avenue Metra Station at 18001 S. 80th Avenue, Tinley Park, IL 60477
What should I wear?
- As always dress for the weather, but we do encourage all attendees to dress as if you were attending an Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany. Traditional Bavarian dress for men we recommend a checkered shirt, traditional lederhosen with suspenders, slouch socks pulled down, and haferl shoes. Traditional Bavarian dress for women we recommend a shortsleeved Trachtenblus’n Blouse, a Dirndl (dress), pinafore, sheer pantyhose, and elegant low-heeled loafers.
Is this event All Ages?
- Yes, this is a family friendly event!
What are the hours of the event?
- Fri Sept 29th: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
- Sat Sept 30th: 1:00pm to 10:00pm
- Sun Oct 1st: 1:00pm to 6:00pm
Can I bring my dog to the event?
- No, unfortunately this time around outside animals will not be allowed inside the festival grounds.
Does it cost money to attend the festival?
- No, admission to the event is free for all! Once you are in the event, you may choose to purchase drinks, food, admission to the carnival or items from the local vendors, so plan to bring some additional funds if you choose to make those purchases!
If I plan on purchasing beer at the event can I purchase directly from vendors?
- If you plan on visiting Tinley Park and Germany’s featured Oktoberfest Brewers, you will need to visit the Ticket Booth onsite where you will be able to get your 21+ wristband and purchase drink tickets which will be used to purchase alcohol. A very imited amount of German Steins will be sold each night and these can also be purchased at the ticket booth.
What makes this event so similar to the Oktoberfest held in Germany?
- Oktoberfest is known as the world’s largest Volksfest (beer festival and traveling funfair). This event is traditionally a 16 to 18 day folk festival running from mid or late September to the first weekend in October. Visitors enjoy numerous attractions, rides, entertainment, and can shop for a variety of souvenirs. Traditional German foods and specially brewed beer can also be purchased onsite.
How can I get to the event?
- Parking will be available onsite in the open areas of the Metra lot (on both the North and South sides of the tracks), otherwise we encourage festival attendees to stay safe and plan to take the Metra or a Lyft ride, especially if you plan to partake in the festivities! All users requesting a Lyft ride can use the code TPOKTOBERFEST to receive 20% off their ride to and from the event for up to $5 off each ride.